I DREW SOMETHING

This is a blog of illustrator Petri Suni. Browse on and check what he's been up to lately.

04 February 2014

The Top Dog with upgraded street credibility

I'm just working on the very last bits of a project that started already some three years ago. For sort of a mascot for the whole project I illustrated a dog character, Top Dog (here's some sketches of the Top Dog and here's the finished Top Dog character).

The Top Dog had to be kind of laid-back fellow with some street credibility. Initially I drew the character carrying a spray can, but as a school book can't be too wild the spray can was obviously a bit too much - totally understandable - and it got replaced by a thick marker pen.

Now that I've been practising with my new drawing toys (iPad Air + Intuos creative stylus + Procreate app) I often end up drawing just something stupid. This time I decided to draw the Top Dog with upgraded street credibility. In addition to the spray can that got banned I also tried a bit edgier drawing style. A dog bone must be the thing such a fellow would spray on a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment